Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Heart Wrenching

We talked with the kids last night about the miscarriage. They both had some questions, and they seem to understand well what happened. But, Cason was so upset. He was sitting in my lap and he turned, leaned his head into my chest and cried. My heart just broke.

I will say I was so nervous to talk to them, you feel like you have to say just the right thing to your kids. We are supposed to protect our children from hurt. Last night was definitely the hardest part of this whole experience.

When putting Cason to bed, we prayed for next time and for the baby to grow healthy and strong. I told Cason it was ok to talk about this and if he wanted to, we can talk about it at anytime. He said, “Mom, I am sad.”

Seeing your kids’ hearts ache is the hardest thing to take in!

1 comment:

Julie said...

That has to be hard seeing your little one hurt. They will be amazing siblings when things go right...and they will! :-)