Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Babies Update- almost 14 weeks

I met with my OB Doc at Mayo yesterday (in OB) and he is the one who will take care of us and the babies now until they are born. My due date has been moved up… March 18th. If I don’t go on my own by 38 weeks, they will induce. The babies going 40 weeks doesn’t do much for them (that extra 2 weeks) and it’s riskier to the babies if we go over 38 weeks. So, babies will be here in time for Easter! :)

I really like our doctor… very down to Earth and very excited about caring for me and the twins. He told me it’s a good sign that the nausea/ vomiting has let up and that I can definitely plan on it continuing to get better and better as the weeks pass. Whew! Yesterday was a rough day again … so it was a GREAT day to hear that!

He was ok with me cancelling all the testing they were going to put me through this Thursday to see if I could “maybe” get the flu shot under observation. If someone in our family or someone I work/ live closely with tests positive for H1N1, they will treat me immediately with Tamiflu, to hopefully avoid me getting it at all. That is a much safer route (he and I agreed) that messing with the flu shot/ egg allergy/ etc.

We had another ultrasound, we will at every appointment to monitor the babes… and even the doctor said, “wow, are they growing?!” They now look like babies… little hands and feet were moving all about! They both look great. There is a membrane that runs between them giving them their own space, blood supply, etc which just confirms that we have the best possible scenario when it comes to twins. Nothing is shared! The one on the right is still a mover… moving all about, we got some really good photos. Baby on the left is still a little shy and doesn’t show off as much for the camera, but we did get a good little foot shot. :)

He also told me that with Cason’s size (8lbs) and the history with his birth, it’s very reasonable to assume I will be able to have a vaginal birth and not a C-Section as long as the twins cooperate and are positioned like they need to be when the time comes. He also said going a full 38 weeks would probably result in 6lb or so babies… smaller babies than Cason of course, but like he said, “that’s a lot of baby for you to carry!”

I go back again in 3 weeks to see my Dr. again… I will have frequent appointments with this pregnancy all the way through and then the first week of November will bring our BIG Ultrasound, and of course the news we are soooo anxious to find out, what are we having??!!!

1 comment:

Marsha said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! I was just thinking of you yesterday and wondering how you were doing. So happy to hear that all is well! Can't wait to see the tiny blessings!